Thanks for accessing to the Black Sea Connect website and/or subscribing to the Black Sea Connect Newsletter. This policy explains how and why we use the information we collect when you use our services. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
When we say “we,” “us,” and “Black Sea Connect,” we are referring to the Coordinator of the H2020 Black Sea Connect project, funded by the European Union and legally represented by Dr. Name Surname, Institute, Country.
When we say “Services”, we mean the delivery of information via the Black Sea Connect websites and via email or social networks related to the EU-funded Black Sea Connect CSA Project.
The services are offered through the website http://www.connect2blacksea.org/
and through the newsletter, available at the address http://www.connect2blacksea.org/outreach/#newsletter
When we say “Subscriber” we refer to a person that actively subscribes to the newsletter website or that provides us electronic information about the access to Black Sea Connect website.
While providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information about a Subscriber.
Responsible of data treatment – Questions & Concerns
Data are stored in a secure server. The responsible of the treatment of data is the director of the institute and coordinator of Black Sea Connect project Dr. Name Surname. The contact point for data protection at NAME INSTITUTION is firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you are concerned about the handling of any privacy matter, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect
- Information You provide to us: when you use the Services, send us an email, visit our website, or communicate with us in any way, you are providing us with information that we collect.
- Cookies and Tracking: when you use our Services, we may store “cookies”, which are strings of code, on your computer.
- We use those cookies to collect information about the Subscribers’ visits and use of our website or Services. Subscribers may turn off cookies that have been placed on their computer by following the instructions on their browser, but if they block cookies, it may be more difficult (and maybe even impossible) to use some aspects of the Services.
- Web Beacons: when we send emails to Members, we may track behaviours such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. We do that to measure the performance of our newsletter and to improve our features for specific segments of Members. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when Subscribers open the email, their IP address, browser or email client type, and other similar details.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To communicate about Subscribers’ account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of Subscribers
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, like attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To provide, support, and improve the Services we offer. This includes aggregating information from Subscribers’ use of the Services and sharing such Aggregated Information with third parties.
- To provide suggestions to Subscribers. This includes asking to Subscribers if they will to join similar services that might be of interest.
We will retain personal data we process as long as needed to provide services to Subscribers or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Public Information and Third Parties
- Social Media Platforms and Widgets. Our Newsletter and website include social media features, like the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about IP addresses and which page Subscribers are visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party. We also maintain presences on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at Subscribers’ own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Subscribers’ interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Email distribution list
Black Sea Connect retains a copy of the personal data of the visitors registered to the Black Sea Connect newsletter, which is stored on a secure server. We don’t, under any circumstances, disclose nor sell the distribution list. Only authorized employees have access to view the distribution list.
We’ll use and disclose the information in the distribution list only for the reasons listed under Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
We may derive Aggregate Information from the distribution list and will use that information as described in Section 7. If we detect abusive or illegal behaviour related to the distribution list, we may share it or portions of it with anti-spam organizations.
Notice of Breach of Security
Nobody is safe from hackers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects Subscribers, we will notify them as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Accuracy of Data, Transparency, and Choice
We do our best to keep Subscribers’ data accurate and up to date, to the extent that they provide us with the information we need to do that. If data change (like a new email address), then Subscribers are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
We’ll retain Subscribers information for as long as their account is active or as long as needed to provide the services. We may also retain and use their information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our Agreements.
We’ll give Subscribers an individual access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request this information from us by contacting us here firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless it’s prohibited by law, we’ll remove any Personal Information about an individual Subscriber from our servers at their request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update his or her personal information.